Sunday, September 7, 2008

zovakozi1 Interview

zovakozi1 is owner of the extremely successful Montgomery Maulers franchise in World Alexander. The Maulers were Alexander's first World Series winner. They have 6 playoff appearances in Alexander's first 8 seasons, and have never won less than 87 games. This year, they are 11 games up in the AL South and are battling two other teams for the one seed in the AL.

Q: How do you feel about your team's performance so far this year?

Pretty good. I expected somewhere around .600 ball but never expected to have a 10 game lead in the South.

Q: Who has underachieved and overachieved for you?

Yogi Lemon and Karim Martin have lead my team but I wouldn't call them overachievers. However, Alex Rivera and Felipe Johnson have been very disappointing. Maybe they will step it up in the playoffs.

Q: What are your team's biggest strengths and weaknesses? Do you have a plan to fix those weaknesses?

I'd say offense is my strength and SP would be my weakness. No plans to improve but if I'm offered a solid ace pitcher I wouldn't turn it down.

Q: How does the long-term future of the Maulers look?

Again offensively I'm looking good. All players 32+ have a guy in the minors to replace them. SP is tough. I have a few decent guys but no #1's. I'm still trying to land some young arms.

Q: Who do you pick to get the one seed in the AL, and why?

That's tough. With Buffalo, Pawtucket, and me so close and I'm sure all of us are resting players just in case we don't get the first round bye. I'd say I'm at a disadvantage because I end the season playing my division (and all of them are .500+). So I'll pick Buffalo.

Q: Who do you pick to win it all this year, and why?

Well since the NL has won 7 straight WS I'll go with Indianapolis. I really like Rochester but til they beat Indy in the playoffs Indy will win it.

No comments: